Blog Archive

Thanksgiving Writing Contest Winner



Congratulations Layne H. you have been chosen as our winner for the Thanksgiving Writing Contest!
If anyone wants to read Layne's Magnificent story, you can find it in the December edition of our news paper or right below this text!



My most elaborate thanksgiving memory was a while back. I can remember it was yesterday because no one will let me forget...
I was so excited about how the day was going so far. I was sure that this day was going to be perfect. I was staring at the desserts that were being carried in by the ecstatic guests. When it came time to eat I ran to sit down, considering I was the last one. I found my spot and sat down. Everyone looked at me suspiciously. I had to put on my most innocent face possible. Then in unison all the people that were sitting got up, and went to the kitchen to check the deserts. They came out holding three pies and three cakes that had big bites out of them. It was true. I had shoved my face into them. And it was good!

By: Layne H